I have people coming to me all the time asking for motivation! “How do I stay motivated, Andrea?”
Motivation is like bathing…you need to do it regularly. 😉 Here my tips on how to stay on track and “stay with the fight”:
- Remind yourself of your “whys”: why are you doing this? Why are you interested in health and fitness to begin with? Is it your kids? Your clothes? The feeling you get when you’re able to race up the stairs? Maybe you have a chronic health problem which you KNOW is manageable if you stay active.
- Keep positive visualizations handy. Have pictures around you reminding you of your goals, etc.
- Schedule your workouts as non-negotiable “you” time, and let nothing interfere with it.
- Feeling tired? Don’t wanna? Tell yourself that you’ll do the first five minutes…then the next five…before you know it, you’ll be done with the workout!
- Reward yourself! Not with “bad” food, but with new fitness gear, maybe a good book, etc.
- Get some personal development in! Mental health is just as important as physical health. Read up on some good motivational books, especially from authors such as Tony Horton, Chalene Johnson, and Jillian Michaels who are fitness trainers and have developed programs. They “get it”.
- Get a workout buddy! They can be someone you can text, Facebook message, you name it! Just make sure you have someone who can help keep you accountable.
Need additional help? Support is a click away; I’m always availabe!