Happy Friday! Today I’m going to give some lovely tips on stress management which have helped me greatly:
- No matter how tempting it is, don’t try to cure stress with “treats” involving food. Being stressed, we will NOT notice things such as portion size as much.
- Eat healthy. Basically, treat your body right during this time and it’ll treat YOU right.
- Get enough sleep. I can’t stress this enough, since sleep deprivation can lead to increased stress and lack of the necessary skills to handle conflicts, decision making, etc.
- Get your exercise in. Doesn’t matter if it’s 5 minutes or 50, get it in. Workouts are an AMAZING stress reducer and will make you feel better.
- Stop trying so hard. I know that this seems very non-intuitive, but I’ve found that the more you struggle with something, the less you are capable of having the necessary mental clarity to bring in what you need to combat the source of stress.
- Take personal time for yourself. Read a book, watch a cute kitten video, doesn’t matter. And whatever you do, do NOT feel guilty for it. You cannot take care of others if you can’t take care of yourself.
- Stop beating yourself up. You’ll only feel worse and you’re not going to resolve your problems any faster by doing so.
Enjoy your weekend!! 🙂