I once did a blog post on plateaus and how to break them. Today I’m going to expand upon that and give more tips:
- Move more! Find ways to squeeze in an extra 5-15 minutes throughout your day versus one long, crazy workout. You’ll be less likely to overtrain and get injuries this way, too. More tips on increasing physical activity here.
- Log EVERYTHING. Use sites like MyFitnessPal.com and cronometer.com to track food intake. Make sure you’re getting enough nutrition.
- Consider getting a device such as a Bodymedia or FitBit to track calorie burn. You may be under or overestimating calorie burn, which can affect your performance and how valuable your diet is.
- Change up your routine! Avoid steady state cardio and try new ways of burning calories.
- Pump that iron! Try heavier weights or mix it up.
If your problem is motivation, consider getting an exercise buddy, join a fitness club, or consider one of them many online communities. I’m also available to you as a coach to help you with your fitness goals.