“I don’t have the time” is the excuse I hear the most often when it comes to fitness, mainly because people are convinced if they can’t carve out an hour without sacrificing family time, sleep, work, and personal time, they can’t work out.
Here are some ways around that:
- I’ve already blogged about a few workout programs under 30 minutes. They were designed by the same trainers who developed P90X and Insanity, so results are guaranteed. There are also plenty of success stories and testimonials about the transformations they have provided for others.
- Get better at time management. Start logging absolutely everything you’re doing in a single day, when you’re doing it, and how much time you’re spending on it. Could anything be scaled back? What are you spending your day doing? Do you spend too much time on Facebook? Do you REALLY need those 30 minutes in front of the tv, or could you compromise and work out while watching your shows? I’ve gotten into doing things like random interval cardio while watching my favorite tv programs. Time flies before you know it, and before long you’ve burned an extra 400-500 calories. It’s worth it!
- Start making to-do lists. Absolutely everything that MUST GET DONE, THAT DAY, on that list. Not “nice to haves” but do or die. Take that list seriously, and update it at a set time every day. Could be before you go to bed or when you wake up. Keep it on your smartphone so it’ll always be around, and program reminder alerts into it to check and update it once daily.
- Make everything count. Take the stairs, park further away from the office, go out for walks during your lunch break, get up and walk around every once in a while. You’ll see the differences over time and your body will thank you.
- Studies have shown that for as little as 10-15 minutes a day you can improve your health. 10 minutes a day is better than 0 minutes.
This is YOUR health, which is important to not just you but those around you who rely on you. Take the time now and save yourself much grief later! You will thank yourself, I promise!!
For more awesome tips on time management and organization, I highly recommend the FREE 30 course by Chalene Johnson at http://www.30daypush.com. It is quite literally life transforming. Thanks to it, I learned that I wasn’t just in need of organizational skills, I had literally none to speak of. The lessons in there take maybe five minutes a day and will save you hours of your life, will help you meet any goal you have, and will absolutely change you for the better.