Here’s a great one I love:
- 1 Cup oats (if you go with steel cut oats and have a slow cooker, have them cooking overnight and they’ll be ready in the morning!)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (Sun Warrior or Vega for this is awesome!)
- 2 TB chia or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or goji berries
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I get mine freshly ground from almonds at Whole Foods–nothing else, just almonds!)
- 1/4 cup Almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
Mix the ingredients together, then freeze. Additionally you can add chocolate chips–I use Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, which have no dairy in them. If you want to experiment with different flavors, try chocolate flavored protein versus vanilla or unflavored with matching flavored almond milk.
This recipe isn’t raw due to the oats, but it’s a quick, no bake way to get better protein bars than you can get at the supermarket and with FAR less sugar and crap added.